Helping address food insecurities with supplemental food and personal care items. The monthly Community Food Fair provides Free, fresh produce to anyone in need. With our new Client Choice model, clients can choose what they need, take their time to make decisions, and spend less time waiting in line.
I Need Help With Food:
- Existing clients that have Client ID# that has not expired can receive food Monday through Thursday. The Car Line to receive food opens at 9:00 a.m. and closes at 1:00 p.m.
- Existing clients with expired Client ID# cards can receive food but must fill out TEFAP form and Food Pantry Enrollment Form so their file can be updated. The Car Line to receive food opens at 9:00 a.m. and closes at 1:00 p.m.
- Households that are not current clients will not receive food that day. The following documentation must be provided for review by a KCM Case Manager before be eligible to become a KCM client. Documents may be mailed or dropped off to 3506 Porter, Katy, TX Ensure all documentation is clear and legible. If any documentation is missing OR UNREADABLE, the review will not be completed.
- Upon review completion, a KCM Case Manager will contact you via text message with any questions and/or approval.
- Completed TEFAP Application
- Identification for all Household members – Photo identification for all household members 18 years of age or older; birth certificates for all minor children living in household
- Verification of Address – Lease agreement, utility bill, etc.
- Verification of Income – Recent paystub, bank statement showing direct deposit, etc.
- Verification of Benefits – Award letter if you receive the following: Social Security, SSI, TANF, VA benefits, SNAP, Medicaid, National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Verification of Situation – Employment termination letter, eviction/vacate notice; disconnection/cutoff notice, etc.
I Want to Donate
Most Needed Items
We are always updating our list of most needed items. Click the button to view the most recent update.
Where to Donate
Our Food Pantry is located at 3506 Porter Road, Katy. Donations are received around the back of the building Monday – Thursday 9am – 4pm.
Want to plan a donation drive for food or personal care items? Need ideas or to schedule a day to drop off? Call us at 281.391.3730
KCM Food Pantry Receives Houston Food Bank’s Harvey Response Award
Katy Christian Ministries received the Harvey Response Award from the Houston Food Bank on Friday, May 31, 2019. We are especially honored as HFB has approximately 1,500 partners across the greater Houston Area. The outpouring of support from our community immediately following the storm allowed us to help so many families. Thank you for helping us make Katy a better place! Congratulations to our Food Pantry staff and volunteers for this very special recognition!
The KCM Community Garden provides clients of our food pantry with access to high quality, fresh produce to supplement their nutritional needs.
“Sew a Seed, Feed a Family”
Community Donation Drives
Our goal is to partner with at least one church per month this year to have the KCM truck on-site during their Sunday morning services to collect donations for the KCM Food Pantry and Resale Stores. KCM can provide flyers and digital graphics for you to promote this to your congregation. If you are interested in hosting the KCM truck at your church, please contact our Food Pantry Director at FoodPantryDirector@ktcm.org or our Resale Store Manager at Irene.Wells@ktcm.org.
The Houston Food Bank’s Red Barrels that you see in your grocery store benefits nearby food pantries! These are the Katy area store locations that benefit the KCM Food Pantry.
- 1550 North Fry Rd @ Park Row
- 1621 South Mason Rd @ Highland Knolls
- 6711 South Fry Rd @ Grand Parkway
- 25675 Nelson Way @ Pin Oak
- Fiesta: 333 South Mason Rd @ I-10
- 2700 West Grand Parkway North
- 22150 Westheimer Parkway @ Mason Rd
- 1550 Grand Parkway @ Bayhill
- 25050 FM 1093
- 9806 Gaston Rd @ Falcon Landing Blvd.
- 23105 Cinco Ranch Blvd.
“"Amazing people too bad I no longer live in Katy they truly help me out in my time of need. I never thought I was going to go through family violence and need there help with food but I did. They help me out so much I won't ever be able to repay them"”- Domestic Violence Survivor
“"[Case Manager] took her time to explain, help and executed goals in a timely manner. She gave me hope and never made me feel bad about my situation. Life saver."”Social Services Client
“"I have had a wonderful experience at KCM. They have shown me much-needed help. 2 years ago I was making $60.00 a hour. I became sick with MS and had to stop working. Needing help, I was referred to this agency. I have been overwhelmed with the love and concern given to me. Kindness is repaid. These wonderful folks have shown that and more. Merry Christmas, may God bless each and every one of you."”Kathy
“"The staff was so amazing with their help, compasssion and understanding. [Case Manager] was incredibly professional and truly an angel. thank you ALL so very much!!!"”Harvey victim.
“"I am so thankful. I was literally at my witts end. I could not take much more. Feeling hopeless. You made me feel so much better"”Client in need of food and mortgage assistance.
“"KCM helped me and my family 7 years ago. I now own my own business and now I am able to come back and share the love back with them. Whatever situation you are in, never give up. I'm a living example of someone who started at the bottom, going through a difficult time with me and my kids. I had to strive and work hard for it so let this be an example that anything is possible"”Andrew, former client, now a donor.
““Never in my life had I had to struggle, hurt… go without. This past year everyone told me this was all in God’s plan and He would make something good out of the tragedy. I was listening… but not really believing. God has blessed us with so many people in our path to help me get back up and moving forward for my children. Thank you for your help and generosity! I am so thankful for every single one of you!””Nancy – Social Services Client