Urgent Volunteer Needs
Food Pantry: Client checkout volunteers
Resale Store: Cashiers & Donation Intake
Administration & Programs: Receptionists (bi-lingual a plus, but not required)
- Community Garden: Maintenance (yard work), Harvesting, Planting.
- Crisis Center: Volunteer Advocate, Childcare, 24/7 Hotline, Administrative Assistant. Committee Members needed for all activities for Domestic Violence Awareness Month & Sexual Abuse Awareness Month. Planning Committee Members needed for: Night of Beauty and Direct Service Training Workshop.
- Food Pantry: Sorting and Organizing, Cleaning, Intake Processor. Team of 2 people for morning shifts (8am) food pantry pick-ups from retail stores (Walmart, Kroger & Sprouts).
- Social Services: Administrative (Answer the phones and schedule appointments), Case Manager (training is provided). Assist SS Director with data entry and reports. Homework Buddies Program Assistants (Tutors)
- Administration: Receptionist, Data Entry, Committee Members needed for but not limited to: Clay Shooting event, Golf Tournament, Gala, and Santa Sleigh.
- First Street Resale Store: Custodial, Greeters, Sorting and Organizing. Repurposing items from resale store to resell. Work in a group setting to make crafts from resale store items to resell.
- Donation Center: Custodial, Sorting and Organizing.
- Sexual Abuse Conference (April) Committee Members needed. Day of event help: Set up, greeters, lunch helpers, Clean-Up
- Golf Tournament (May) Committee members needed to help organize event. Volunteers needed on the day of event to: Set-up, Greet, Attendants, Clean-Up, and more!
- School Supplies (August): Sorting and Organizing; Registration and Distribution Process.
- Gala Fundraiser (September): Committee Members, Silent Auction Coordinator, Set-up, Clean-up.
- Silent Witness (October): “Remembering Lives Lost to Domestic Violence” Greeters, Information Table, Set-Up, Clean-up.
- Santa Sleigh Program (November): Sorting and Organizing Christmas presents, Registration and Distribution Process. Delivery teams to the elderly population, the ill, and families without transportation.
If you have court appointed community service to complete for a non-violent, non-theft related offense and are interested in completing your hours with Katy Christian Ministries, please attend one of our Community Service Orientations Wednesday evenings promptly at 5pm. Bring your court paperwork and photo ID. You must arrive on time or you will be asked to attend the next week’s session. You must be willing to abide by the behavior and dress code regulations given at the time of orientation. We reserve the right to dismiss or refuse community service to anyone.
Groups and Special Projects
Katy Christian Ministries is a great place for your group to volunteer! Do you want to do a special project such as Scout projects, club projects, events, fundraisers, drives, etc? Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Tammi Biel at Tammi.Biel@ktcm.org or call 281.391.5261 x4022 to get details for group projects.