|Many thanks for your volunteerism with KCM and the time you have committed to serving those in need in your community.
Below you will find our updated Volunteer Policies along with additional ways you can volunteer in your home, community, church, school or neighborhood.
For more info on volunteering at KCM or if you are interested in volunteering as a group with your church/school/organization
Phone: 281-391-5261 or email: email@example.com
KCM Volunteer Guidelines
- All those who volunteer in our stores or any other KCM programs must be at least 13 years of age or older. Those volunteers who are between the ages of 13-15 must have an adult accompany them at all times
- All volunteers must have completed an online Volunteer application.
- All volunteers must volunteer for a minimum of two hours during one shift.
- Volunteers must follow the dress code as listed below:
- Only closed toe shoes are acceptable.
- Shorts must be of appropriate length. Tight or revealing clothing will not be allowed.
- No references to drugs, alcohol, nudity, obscene language or slogans will be allowed on clothing.
KCM Store Volunteer Guidelines
- NO walk-ins
- Volunteer must have been contacted and approved by Volunteer Coordinator or Store Manager prior to volunteering
- All first time volunteers must go through orientation with department manager
- Must follow dress code and agency policies
- Must volunteer a minimum of 2 hours at any one time
KCM Group Volunteer Guidelines
- One month advance notice required
- Project and/or group must be approved in advance
- Group release for each person in group
- Must meet age requirements and have ample supervision: ratio of 1 adult/5 children or youth
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
KCM loves for families and groups to get involved with serving our programs. Below please find several options for volunteering that can be accomplished at home, in your church, neighborhood or school
These may be appropriate for children under 13 and for group
Food Drives – Collect food for our food pantries and schedule a time to deliver the food and get a tour of our food pantry. Click here for a regularly updated list of needed items
Gas Cards – Collect money for gas cards. One of the biggest obstacles for our clients is the ability to travel to find work. In both of our social service offices we are accepting gas cards to distribute to those clients who meet the stringent guidelines set forth by their case managers.
Furniture/Housewares/Clothing Drives – The KCM resale stores help support our programs, with $.87 of every dollar going back into the programs. This is only possible through the generous donations from our community. We can pick up your donations or you can deliver them to any of our three donations centers. More information can be found here.
Make Cards for Clients – We love it when we can give each client a handmade card of encouragement or birthday card in their food bags. You can make as many as you like and deliver them to either the food pantry in Katy or Fulshear.
Birthday Bags – We like to provide birthday bags for our kids and are always in need of items. We like for the bag to include everything you need to have a birthday party including items such as: cake mix, frosting, candles, invitations, balloons, favors, plates and napkins. We are especially in need of items appropriate for teenagers.
Blanket Drives – Collect new or clean, gently used blankets for Crisis victims
Fun bags – collect items for children of Crisis victims (coloring books, crayons, etc)
For more info on volunteering at KCM or If you are interested in volunteering as a group with your church/school/organization please
Phone: 281-391-5261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us for information on Court Appointed Community Service opportunities.