KCM’s Souper Bowl of Caring 2017
Katy Christian Ministries is proud to participate in this National movement.
We sincerely hope you will consider Katy Christian Ministries for your Souper Bowl of Caring food drive. Our goal this year is to raise $4,000 dollars to help support KCM Food Pantry, and collect 6,000 pounds of food. We rely on the partnership of individuals and groups to help us achieve this goal! Did you know that 6,000 pounds of food will feed 750 people in the local community? 6,000 pounds of food is equal to $11,550 worth of food that KCM will then distribute to families in need.
From now and through the week of the Super Bowl LI (February 5th).
Where can I donate food Items?
- Directly to Katy Christian Ministries, 5510 First Street, Katy, TX 77493 (Please let them know its part of Souper Bowl of Caring!)
- Grocery Stores that are participating, and whose collections come directly to KCM through our partnership with the Houston Food Bank:
- Kroger #315 – 1705 N. Fry @ Park Row
- Kroger #336 – 22150 Westheimer @ Mason Rd.
- Kroger #38 – 25050 FM 1093 Richmond, TX
- Kroger #733 – 1550 Grand Pkwy @ Bayhill
What kinds of food is most needed?
Click Here for the most updated list of Food Pantry needs.
Can I just make a monetary donation?
Donate funds online: Click Here. Make sure to put “Food Pantry – Souper Bowl of Caring 2017” in the memo box to allocate your funds to this program. Funds received will help the Food Pantry continue to serve clients when donations are low, like purchasing bulk items when donations are low during the Summer time.
Learn more about this National movement at www.souperbowl.org.
Want to get your church, school or social group involved? There are loads of free resources available through the www.souperbowl.org website! Register your group and start collecting! There are lots of opportunities to get your church involved! One idea is to mobilize your youth group to challenge not only your own church, but also other church youth groups to see how much can be collected. A bit of friendly competition in the spirit of the super bowl may be all it takes to get people to participate!