The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10)
Mission Statement: “Offering hope, help and safety to those affected by Domestic Abuse through God’s grace and unfailing love.”
Vision Statement: “A safe environment that demonstrates Christ’s compassion and strength to help end family violence for those affected by physical, emotional, verbal and spiritual abuse.”
24 Hour Hot Line: 281-391-HELP (4357)
Domestic violence cuts across all social, economic and educational lines. It affects all ages, ethnic groups and genders. Domestic violence is the number one reason for homelessness among women.
The hope for a better life and the courage to take the first step must come from within. The Crisis Center provides resources and help for clients to begin that journey.
Many times, our clients who leave abusive homes leave everything behind, only to enter a world of emotional and financial upheaval. The Crisis Center is there to meet their basic needs as well as lend support while they work through their trauma.
Services Provided – Helping the Victim:
- Free, Anonymous and Confidential Services
- Emergency Shelter Referrals or Placement
- Accompaniment to hospital, court and law enforcement agencies
- Legal Advocacy
- Assistance with Crime Victims Compensation
- Support Groups – English/Spanish
- One on One Crisis Counseling
- Referral Services
- Friend of the Court Services for children
- Bilingual Advocacy
- Assistance with Protective Orders
- Appropriate referrals within the community
- 1383 Clients Were Served
- 2199 Total Client Services Provided
- 653 Legal Referrals Given To Clients